Of course we shouldn’t just care about the environment one month out of the year, but the month of April is a great time to reflect on the ways in which we impact the Earth. Mood Swings Salon & Skin Spa and AVEDA strives to set an example for environmental leadership in several ways:
- Mood Swings is the only AVEDA retailer to offer a 10% product discount when you bring in any old beauty product bottle. Recycle your way into AVEDA!
- Mood Swings uses LED lighting to reduce energy costs
- Mood Swings partners with AVEDA and Western Resource Advocates to raise money and awareness for water conservation in the West.
- Earth Month Cut-A-Thon: Sunday, April 22nd, 9am-5pm (see below for more details)
- Mood Swings recycles hair to make mats and for assistance in soaking up the Gulf oil spill
- AVEDA is the first company to sign the CERES Principles (Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies)
- AVEDA uses responsible packaging, being the first beauty company with 100% post consumer recycled material
- AVEDA uses renewable energy, being the first beauty company manufacturing with 100% certified wind power
How can you help?
- Keep a pitcher of water in your refrigerator instead of running the faucet every time you need a drink
- Reuse water bottles rather than purchasing a new plastic bottle each time
- Hurry up the shower! Even decreasing your shower time by 5 minutes helps!
- When brushing your teeth don’t keep the water running
These are just a few ways to help, but you can also help conserve water in the West by participating in our Annual Earth Month-Cut-A-Thon! Here are the details:
- $30 Donation Per Service (100% of proceeds go to Western Resource Advocates)
- Haircut & Style
- 30 Minute Facial
- 30 Minute Massage
- When: Sunday, April 22nd from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Where: Mood Swings Salon & Skin Spa
- Appointments are limited, so book now!