From the runway to every day, braids can serve multiple functions. Here are several ways you can free your face and add texture and style to any type of look.
Free your face with a braided headband
Who needs a crown? Create a hippy-chic updo with a braided crown!
Switch up the typical single braid to a funky Fishtail Braid!
How to do a Fishtail Braid:
1. Split the section you would like to braid into 2 even sections.
*Helpful Hint: Prep hair with AVEDA’s Damage Control before drying hair to help detangle, making sectioning off the hair much easier.
2. Grab a small section from the outside of the left-side section and pull it over the top to the inside of the right section.
*Helpful Hint: Secure the piece you pulled from the left side to the right side with your right thumb.
3. Next, grab a small section from the outside of the right-side section and pull it over the top to the inside of the left section.
*Note: Getting the braid started is the hardest part!
4. Repeat steps 2-3 until braid is complete.
5. When braid is complete, secure with a hair tie.
*To make this a more “beachy” look, spray braid with AVEDA’s Control Force Hairspray, and slightly pull out on both sides of the braid. Purposeful messiness is a great way to add texture!
This look is perfect for a holiday party! Mood Swings is excited to launch our new Braid Bar! Come in and get a braid… Braids start at $15 and can take just 15 minutes!
Braids are great for any occasion, including weddings, date-night, and prom. Let your favorite Award Winning Mood Swings stylist create a picture perfect look for your next special occasion.
Call 480-968-0268, or go to http://www.moodswingssalon.com/online-booking.php to book your next experience!